Sunrise Educational Publishing aims to empower literacy and learning. We envision a future where every child in Africa is a reader.
- To make learning to read easy and exciting.
- To inspire children in Africa (and the diaspora beyond) to read by being relevant to their context.
- To develop literacy using comprehension activities to engage learners with the text in reading, listening, talking and writing.
- To introduce children to various genres, including folk
tales, legends, international classical literature of childhood, poetry and non-fiction, including ‘factual’ and ‘how to’.
- To delight children with bright and appealing artwork.
- To inculcate/ encourage values including acceptance, respect, honesty, kindness, and compassion.
- To encourage tolerance and acceptance with stories about children from different backgrounds and cultures.
- To promote awareness of the environment and the responsibility to take care of it.
- The Sunrise Readers empower learners to read in Africa and beyond. Make reading easy! Every child a reader!